Icon Help

Please make an icon for me

Attachments

• IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 381
For some reason, there wasn't a lot of detail when I sized to to 80 x 80, but it's pretty good. Hope this works for you.

Last edited:
Where is that fuzzy part coming from?

Because this thread is called Icon Help I thought I too would ask for help with my custom icon.

Here is what it looks like in TomTom Home

The problem is the fuzzy part on the right side of the car by Goofy.
In my image editor that area is red (255, 0, 0) so it should be transparent but is not being displayed that way.

Where is that fuzzy part coming from?

Attached is the bmp of the image.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Mickey & Goofy.bmp
    18.8 KB · Views: 344
Hi Malouff,

The only problem I could see was a bit too much white on the right side. So I colored in a few of those pixels with red.

Hope it works for you.

Last edited:
Hope you people are giving Rick F. rep points for his efforts. He doesn't ask for them or seek them but it's this 'above the call of duty' stuff he does that explains why rep points are there.

The only problem I could see was a bit too much white on the right side. So I colored in a few of those pixels with red.

Hope it works for you.
I did notice the change from my original image
107medz.jpg

However, it still did not work as there is still that fuzzy area in the same spot on the TomTom display using your modified image.

In case anyone was going to ask I do have the latest firmware 8.3.

Thank you though Rick for your efforts.

Wow... I didn't add that green there to the right of Goofy. That is strange. Let me try again.

BTW, thanks for the rep point.

Ok... I don't see anything that would cause the fuzziness, but I just overfilled with more red to the right. Hope it's better.

Last edited:
Wow... I didn't add that green there to the right of Goofy.
I added the green :eek: to show what pixels you had changed to red to verify I noticed where you changed.

Ok... I don't see anything that would cause the fuzziness, but I just overfilled with more red to the right. Hope it's better.
I also don't see anything that would be causing the fuzziness but again the new image did not help.

I created the screen folder on the root of my TomTom and the capture file so I could take a screenshot to show you what is being displayed on my TomTom 730.

I also really appreciate your help but at this point I am thinking it must be being created when the TomTom device adds the circle to the bottom of the image and the error is with that and not the image.
2q893fc.jpg
15x8fgm.jpg

Thank you again Rick for taking time to look at my image.

I also really appreciate your help but at this point I am thinking it must be being created when the TomTom device adds the circle to the bottom of the image and the error is with that and not the image.

You may be right. It could be a shadow of the golf clubs behind Goofy.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Ask a Question