Lotus 7 icon help

I made a car icon but Tom Tom will not recognize it and defaults to the blue arrow. I can install any other car icon and they work but don't know why mine does not. Does anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• L7+4R1P.bmp
    12.6 KB · Views: 381
Can you resize it to 80x67 instead of the current 80x80 and see if it works then.

(You are putting the .bmp into the art/cars/ folder are you not?)

I resized it,80x67 but its showing the red boarders. I installed some larger car icons 100x80 and they worked fine. I believe my resolution was too high any ideas on the fixing the red lines?

Attachments

• 7R111.bmp
    15.8 KB · Views: 345
I suspect that Rick_F will see your post. He's our car icon magician at TTF. If he doesn't respond within 24 hours, give him a pm.

Hi Andrew,

I didn't see anything wrong with your Lotus image (very nice design by the way).

I did touch up the red some and saved it as a 24 bit image -- but kept it at 80 x 80. I attached the file below. Hope it works for you.

Last edited:
Thanks Rick,
I found a picture of a real one, lassoed it in Adobe and turned the background red but my resolution was 450dpi and I think that is why it wouldn't load. The 50dpi loaded but had extra red lines. Do you need to outline the car and block with a white line, 1pixel wide to separate it? My ONE v2 is still showing a red boarder around the 80x80 square. It has half as many red lines as my original. I appreciate the help.
Andrew

Thanks Rick,
<snip> Do you need to outline the car and block with a white line, 1pixel wide to separate it?

Some people recommend putting a "1-pixel" white outline around the car, but I haven't had to do that. It's worth a try. Good luck.

I played with your Lotus image some trying to get it to work better. I even installed in on my TT-3rd edition, but no matter what I do, I still see a red box around the image. Can't figure out what's wrong. See image below of screen capture of my TT. Sorry.

Last edited:
Rick, it took many changes but I got the red out. It has a 3 pixel boarder in white. You put me on the right track, I'm happy to get it working. Thanks again, Andrew

Attachments

• 7R111fx9.bmp
    15.8 KB · Views: 342

Ask a Question