Help with icon transparency

I'm having trouble making with icon transparency. From reading the forums and looking at examples of other icons, Tom tom interprets pure red (255,0,0) in RGB speak as transparent. I made a simple icon with MS Paint. I used Adobe Photoshop to verify that the red is indeed 255,0,0. After that I named the file to match one of my custom POI categories to try it. I uploaded it to the Tom tom and turned on the POI category to show on the map. The red which I expected to be transparent still shows up on the Tom tom screen. I've attached the icon. All the included icons work fine.

I have a 720 running app 7.221 (8572/040301)
(aside: I haven't upgraded because I keep hearing about choppy speech and other bugs with V.8)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Friends and Family.bmp
    1.7 KB · Views: 339
Use your photoshop to remove the red and leave the background transparent. Save it as a .gif file and replace Friends and Family.bmp with Friends and Family.gif. TT will read gif's and they're a good deal smaller than BMP's

Ask a Question