Help with Merc Grand Marquis car icon

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
Can someone help me with the attached car icon for my 03 Merc? When it displays on my TomTom, there is a horizontal red line about 3 pixels long floating a couple of pixels above the left side roof line that I can't get rid of. Could someone "get the red out" for me? Thanks. :eek:

Attachments

• mercury.bmp
    16.7 KB · Views: 395
You're welcome, Barcard. You should install gimp for windows and play with it. I opened your icon and chose "Select by Color", set the threshhold to 0, and clicked the red area. all but your problem area was selected. Then I right clicked on the image and selected "Select" then "Invert" and now the problem area was selected. I set foreground color to pure red, (RGB 255,0,0) and painted the area with an appropriate brush. Viola! I found that your floating line was (RGB 253,8,8)

Thanks for the tip. I knew those pixels weren't pure red (255,0,0), but I was having trouble selecting them. Using the paint bucket tool (in Photoshop Elements) and reapplying pure red to the red area did not do it. It's also a mystery to me why that one short line was not pure red to start with. Well, it looks good now, so thanks again!

Ask a Question