I aint where iam supposed to be!

TomTom Model(s)
XL 350 TM
Got an XL 350 TM recently and set everything up ,but have noticed that my home location is across the street from where I live.We were on of the first houses built on this street in the 50's and woods all around us.We have had the address of 603 since then,but this thing shows it across the street.Any way to put me where iam really at?:confused:

You can change the Home location by selecting Home & Favourites-->Change Home Location-->arow right to My Location (you need a gps fix to do this).

All that said, many find it wise NOT to show their proper home location in case the unit is lost or stolen. Selecting a spot a block or so away from the actual location will accomplish that but still yield appropriate routing instructions from 'home' in most cases.

As I've been posting in other topics recently, the TomTom can never know the exact position of every house number. It just knows a few and 'guesstimates' where the rest might be.

To add to dhn's suggestion of using "My Location", another way to accurately mark your Home location is by selecting Change Home Location - > "point on map".
That lets you use the "Browse map" screen to mark the exact spot you want with the blue cursor..

Ask a Question