How to preserve Favorites when you upgrade maps?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One
I bought my TT One last week and after a couple of trials working with the technical support guys have finally downloaded the V665 US and Canada map.

So I deleted my old map on the device and installed the new one. Problem is, all my Favorites were gone. Is there a way of saving them and reload them next time around when we upgrade maps again? Thanks.

Hopefully, you still have a copy of the original map. Your Favorites are contained in the file named 'mapsettings.cfg' inside the map folder. Just copy it into the new map folder.

Yes, 46jimbo is correct the file is in your map folder. I would check to see if the map folder exists and see if you can enter it and ifnd the mapsettings.cgf file.

I can't recall of the folder is deleted even if you delete the maps.

the weird thing is that when I switch back and forth between the maps, my favourites are saved. Yet, almost everyone here says their favourites is gone.

Thanks, guys, for the reply. Now I am building more favorites and I should be able to keep them for the next upgrade.

Ask a Question