How to Install Custom POI's to your TomTom Device

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
TTGO 910
Nope, its pretty easy. You can add it simply by going through Main Menu>Change Preferences>Manage POI>Add POI>Select the custom Shell POI>and then enter the location via address/long&lat/point on a map etc.
Did as you said worked great. Then remembered I had downloaded manual as .pdf. The old saying. RTFB. everything was there. Thanks.

TomTom Model(s)
GO-910
I'm having trouble with the POIs. I've downloaded a few and followed the instructions here. They are in the North_America folder (there's North America and North_America but it looks like the maps are in the one with the _...)

I can't find them in the list of POIs on the TomTom now. Am I missing something? Are they already in other categories? How can I change what category they are in so I can find them?

ETA: I discovered that when I did the Map Update I never removed the old maps. I was installing the POI's into the old map, not the new one. When I deleted the old map and placed the POI's in the correct map directory everything worked. You can use this as a reminder to the new folks unpacking and updating their maps. :eek:

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
I'm having trouble with the POIs. I've downloaded a few and followed the instructions here. They are in the North_America folder (there's North America and North_America but it looks like the maps are in the one with the _...)

I can't find them in the list of POIs on the TomTom now. Am I missing something? Are they already in other categories? How can I change what category they are in so I can find them?

ETA: I discovered that when I did the Map Update I never removed the old maps. I was installing the POI's into the old map, not the new one. When I deleted the old map and placed the POI's in the correct map directory everything worked. You can use this as a reminder to the new folks unpacking and updating their maps. :eek:
Glad to hear it worked out.

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
Adding a new POI category?

Thanks for this great guide, really helps! :)

I live in Toledo, and there are more and more Red Light/Speed cameras popping all over town. I know that there is no official POI database from TT for these cameras in NA, but is it possible to create a new POI category and then add the POI's using this procedure(with warnings as described in another thread)? I can see how you would download POI's that other people have created and shared, but I don't know how to create a new POI category from scratch. I tried to figure it out on my TT 1 V3, but can't see an option to add a new category, only to add to an existing one. I have the latest 7.161 firmware and the v710 US Midwest maps.

Thanks!

Ask a Question