How to get North America 7.1 for One

Has anyone found or know what the difference is between the "light" and "heavy" versions of the new NA map? Just wondering if I should go buy a 4gb card and get the "heavy" version or stay with my 2gb card and get the "light" and save some money.

Has anyone found or know what the difference is between the "light" and "heavy" versions of the new NA map? Just wondering if I should go buy a 4gb card and get the "heavy" version or stay with my 2gb card and get the "light" and save some money.

This is a good question, wonder why no one knows what's up with the difference. Go 920 NA map is 2056 and the Go 720 is 1765 and the same price. Course I just bought a 2Gb card for my one, then see the difference. Do you think the 920 supports more features which require additional files unrelated to the actual maps or something? Hmmm

Ahhh Ok so the smaller size does not reflect a less detailed map. Good to know as I'm thinkin of upgrading my map and of course want to be sure to have best available. The One works great, and with the fix on the Sat acquire locks on very quickly now. Thanks for the help.

Newbie here, love the site! Had a question, i think this was asked but didnt really see an answer, is there a big difference in these maps. Just got a ONE XL-S and wanted to know if these other maps are better? spending all this time downloading POIs (wow are there any on there?) figure id get the most uptodate/detailed maps. thanks!

Newbie here, love the site! Had a question, i think this was asked but didnt really see an answer, is there a big difference in these maps. Just got a ONE XL-S and wanted to know if these other maps are better? spending all this time downloading POIs (wow are there any on there?) figure id get the most uptodate/detailed maps. thanks!

I have had a chance to do some testing beyond what I posted here:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4488

The more I look, the bigger difference I see in USA_Canads vs North_america

As Spook suggested earlier, the bigger files sizes can be due to the speech recognition for the 920.

True, the 910's 710 map is also 2056. I might purchase this map soon. I don't have a 720-NA 710map to compare it with but I know many members here that do :D

Ask a Question