North_America-321 stone wall

TomTom Model(s)
730GO
:( Hi people..well I bought this 730GO tommie..love there products..used from KiiJii..(spellin??)..anyways...It works driving home and when I get home as I always do I wanted to update the firmware...well I did..and now she will work or go past North_America-321..says the maps will not work with this unit..and I forgot to back up before all this hit the wall....???????????HELP!:confused:

Do you happen to know the application that was on the device prior to the update? The reason I ask is (not that this IS the problem here, necessarily) that there are units out there with hacked application software and hacked (not from TomTom) maps.

When the user upgrades to a legitimate application, it stops the hacked map from working.

You can try resetting the unit using the reset hole on the bottom. If that doesn't work, you can try the Clear Flash tool found here:
http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6211/kw/clear%20flash and run it 3 times.

If that doesn't work, you can try uninstalling the latest application and reinstalling.

If all that is a no-go, without a backup I'm afraid you are looking at buying a new one.

:)Hi dhn....thanks for the quick reply..well I really do not know if the maps are Tom Toms or not..but in MY Home..it says North America size:1804MB/version 845.2645.....and I tryed that tool..no change..and you where saying uninstalling latest application???? You know I used to live in Toronto and now in Waterloo..Im going to list this for sale as is on Kijiji...say $30.00...

Connect your unit to the computer. Use Windows Explorer to look at the contents of the unit. Remove all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Now, connect to Home. You should be offered an application (9.401). Install it and disconnect the unit properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon. See if that helps.

Im going to list this for sale as is on Kijiji...say $30.00...

Yeah, maybe one of the RIM guys will buy it to go looking for a new job, eh? :rolleyes:

Anyway, try what I said............

Ask a Question