How to get every location?

Is there an easy way to get all of the locations in the US for a particular store? I see there are posts in the POI forum that has every location of AutoZone or Home Depot and I was wondering how to do that.

I take it you use something like http://www.batchgeocode.com/ to get the lat/long from the address right?

Is there any way to get the phone number in there? So I can hit dial and it will dial my phone for me?

Last edited:
There is an easy way!

There is a very easy way! Ask the company you are interested in for a POI set! Maybe they already have one, look on their website to find out. If not, call the head office and ask them to make one (and make it available on their website). It is to their advantage.

You can highlight the fact that having 10 million TomTom users being able to navigate directly to their stores (and displaying their logo on users devices) might be a good thing for them!! After all, what (sensible) company does not want to help customers find them?

Many forward thinking companies do this in Europe, and I can't understand why US retailers are so far behind on this. They have the address data, making a POI set from it would be simple for them, and a huge potential benefit.

Can you point in the direction as to how to incorporate the phone number as part of the POI and not in the description?
The only way to include a phone number is as part of the description. A POI entry can have only 3 fields, lat., long. and description. The description can include the address and phone #.

Can you point in the direction as to how to incorporate the phone number as part of the POI and not in the description?

WHen I make the POI from scratch, I include the phone# with the description.

It's a long process as I use Office to assist me with all the arrangements.

Ask a Question