How to delete files from 340S

I bought a 340S. This is my first GPS. How do delete the voices? If someone can give me step by step instructions that would be very helpful. Also, is the easy port mount removable? It came off and I thought I broke it but it snapped back on.

Welcome to TTF.

Use Home to Manage My Unit and move to Items on My unit-->Items on Unit-->Voices.. You can have them removed that way.

Before doing anything, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

Thank you dhn for you reply. How do I make an Explorer backup. Is this different than using the HOME backup?

Where do I find the "remove icon" after I hook the gps to the computer? I don't see it in the menu screen that comes up.

Try in Home. Manage my Unit. Should show a listing of what you have. Expand the voice row. Should be able to check voices and remove there.

Also, is the easy port mount removable? It came off and I thought I broke it but it snapped back on.

Yes it's removable. The easiest way to remove is to squeeze it the ring from the left and right.

Also, to keep the posts easier to follow, I moved didonaj's discussion to a separate post here.

Ask a Question