Deleted partial files from main internal drive thinking it was expandable memory

as you can read from the title... no back up at all... please help...nothing in recycle bin either......money down the pan again...

Last edited:
Unless you deleted the map folder, the rest is replaceable.

Use Explorer and delete any remaining LOOSE files from the root of the unit. Do NOT delete the specific map folder or any other folder or its contents.

Now, connect your unit to Home and you should be offered an application. Accept and install it.

Then make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

If you DID delete the specific map folder, then unless the map was an upgrade from an earlier version (in which case you should still find it on the computer in compressed form here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\), then you will have to repurchase a map.

as you can read from the title... no back up at all... please help...nothing in recycle bin either......money down the pan again...
FWIW, and dhn will get you back running again, I'm sure ... if I am guessing correctly, you deleted the *.chk files? While that's what Windows calls recovered file segments, that is NOT what TomTom uses that extension for.

Good news -- they're all recoverable with dhn's info -- part of the reload of the application will be to restore them.

Ask a Question