How to add custom poi icons

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom One XL-S
I have seen many sites with available custom poi icons in bmp format. Is it easy to add these to my TomTom One XL-S so they available for adding poi's?

I have seen many sites with available custom poi icons in bmp format. Is it easy to add these to my TomTom One XL-S so they available for adding poi's?

Yep.

The .bmp and the .ov2 files MUST be named EXACTLY the same suchas Myfile.ov2 and Myfile.bmp. myfile.bmp won't work nor will myFile.bmp.

Then just put both files into the map folder.

The poi files I have seen are only bmp files. What is in the ov2 file and where does it come from?

The poi detail files are actually the .ov2 files are available from many locations on the web for free, including this one. Often, you'll find a poi file for a specific category (like Home Depot, for example) comes in a zip format containing 2 files, the .ov2 file and associated .bmp file. Other sites will offer up just the .ov2 file.

Just google 'poi's for TomTom' and you'll get over 2 million hits. Happy hunting! :D

Ask a Question