How to add alert sound to POI

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920T
I have just added a new POI file to my tt920 called Rest Areas and I also downloaded an alert for this POI. The alert I downloaded is a MPS file. I know how to add a alert on my tt920 to a POI but how do I add the MPS file to the alert files? I looked in the directory for my NA maps and I found no place to add this alert. What am I missing? Does the MP3 need to converted and if yes how do I do that?

I have just added a new POI file to my tt920 called Rest Areas and I also downloaded an alert for this POI. The alert I downloaded is a MPS file. I know how to add a alert on my tt920 to a POI but how do I add the MPS file to the alert files? I looked in the directory for my NA maps and I found no place to add this alert. What am I missing? Does the MP3 need to converted and if yes how do I do that?

The alert needs to be converted to an .ogg file and placed in your maps folder w/ the pois. It must also be named exactlty the same as the poi -ex: Home Depot.bmp, Home Depot.ov2, Home Depot.ogg. As far as the conversion of the file, there are audio file converters mentioned throughout the forum. This is actually a good question for Pedro or Birdman!!!! I have never done a conversion myself but I think it takes some knowledge to do it.

Ask a Question