How good is MapShare on Nav7?

Hi all, I have Nav6 on my iPaq, works OK but I like the sound of being able to update the maps as per the hype for MapShare, but what I can't find anywhere is quite how good this is. The demo on the TomTom site is just for flagging a temporary road block, useful but not exactly worth me upgrading for. Can it not also allow me to teach it new roads (such as the new sections of the A1(M) near Selby as that is perhaps the most irritating feature of Nav6 where it doesn't like you driving "across fields" and tries to get you back on the main road - which I guess is understandable, but nonetheless annoying. Anyone using Nav7 that can enlighten me please? Cheers

I don't use Navigator7, but I suspect it runs the same way that mapshare runs on every other Tomtom.

You can make 1-way fixes and erase roads. You cannot add/teach it of new roads. You can report the roads to Tomtom, but the don't actually get added until the Tomtom mapmakers verify the road and add it to a new map (that you have to purchase). The process could take months if lucky, most likely years.

I use map share alot for editing POIs moving POIs plus adding and deleting these POIs plus you can correct movement and directions of roads at different turns.

I think POI and turn restrictions editing were added in Tomtom app 8.0.

I don't think the 8.0 mapshare features made it into navigator 7.

Ask a Question