How DO you get action on Map Errors?

Been a Go550Live user for some time now.

ALL that time I have been trying to get some quite serious map errors corrected, but new maps come out with the fault still there.

As just one example, UK Motorways M23 northbound into M25 Eastbound heading towards Dartford for any address that way, routing while northbound on M23 instructs to follow nearside lane and signs for M25 Heathrow (visual and verbal), then in the closing seconds says turn right. (It's signed from way back exclusively for middle lane, always has been)

Before I had TT I wondered why so many people swerved across this junction dangerously late....well, now I know!!

In the past year I have seen TWO accidents there, occurring positionally so well timed with the instructions it's a given IMO that it's a Sat Nav "assisted" incident.

Reported it every way I know how..............NO action.......

:rant::rant:

Many of us post corrections directly on the TeleAtlas site, bypassing TomTom, in hopes of achieving a quicker result. It follows logically that this would speed things up. In the real universe, however ...

I submitted a change (new street) to TeleAtlas in December 2010 and they found it to be accurate with the notation that they were studying the best wayto implement it. They later advised it would be updated in the next map release. TomTom has released two updates since then and it has not appeared yet. I had previously noted it through the regular TomTom program to no avail.

They later advised it would be updated in the next map release.
If you go back to the TeleAtlas error reporting site (go through the process as though you were about to report that same error again and you can see their current maps), do you see that the correction has been made on their maps yet? If not, there's no chance TomTom will have it.

I saw google maps has the correct street, but latest TT map still in errors.

So how to report this to TA? they have fixed it.

Confusing. :(

If you go back to the TeleAtlas error reporting site (go through the process as though you were about to report that same error again and you can see their current maps), do you see that the correction has been made on their maps yet? If not, there's no chance TomTom will have it.

You are exactly right. They have not updated their own maps even though I received the following:

Reference ID: 39423600-4f82-102e-9dcc-5ae15b239fb2

Thanks! We were able to use your input to improve our maps. This update will go out in our next release of our map database. This report is now closed.

They must not update their own "map database" as often as TomTom updates theirs... Now I see the problem. Thanks.

The bottom line is that their version management is non-existent, and that even IF you do manage to get them to actually make a change and they do correct an error, there is a great likelihood that in the next "update" they will revert those corrections back to the fault!!

One small example of this is Cowfold, in West Sussex, which has off and on been called Cowbit for as long as I have had a SatNav. It's been corrected at least twice, only to revert!!

Another is southbound A22 into M25 westbound, which is the fourth exit from the roundabout, BUT where you are instructed to travel towards "East Grinstead". The M25 travels AWAY from East Grinstead, which is signed as the second exit, still on the A22. I have seen this cause people working on the place naming to swerve across the two lane exit late and it must have caused accidents, yet notify though I have for YEARS, no correction has ever been made.

I submitted a change (new street) to TeleAtlas in December 2010 and they found it to be accurate with the notation that they were studying the best wayto implement it. They later advised it would be updated in the next map release. TomTom has released two updates since then and it has not appeared yet. I had previously noted it through the regular TomTom program to no avail.

This is true. I have been travelling by ambulance to Benidorm hospital but I noted the the drivers could not find my road yet they had purchased a two month old TT with a new map but NO up date for "Carrier Del Capsot, Benissa.". Some driver used their phones which did have the corect road information. I purchased my 0ne XL TT in 2007 which did not show my road it also shows a road opposite that does not exist. So after SIX years there is no correction. The problem is I cannot set my home address.
Come On M/s Tom Tom if your competitors can get it right then what are you doing?

You are replying to a post that is 2 years old. Anyway, you can make corrections at tomtom.com/mapshare/tools

Ask a Question