How Do I Create Custom POI? Help

Hello,

I tried searching this forum on POI but got no results, so forgive me if this has been answered on one of the pages (>64!). If it has, please send me the link.

I have a TomTom One 3rd Edition and would like to add custom POI. There is a limit of 40 favorites on my TomTom and I would like to create my own POI and place this on my device. Since the gps software does not allow a user to create a POI on my version, this has to be added by dropping in files to the device. I would like to create the POI by category.

If someone would be so kind to point me to some technical documentation and/or recommend software that can do this, it would be appreciated.

Thank-you,

-Katie

You have a couple of different options:

1) Create a custom menu as I describe on this following page and you will have the MANAGE POIs Icon available to perform this task:
>>> Custom Menu <<<

or

2) Use Google Maps and a program called TYRE to create the POIs on your PC and then transfer them to your TomTom. I don't yet have a detailed description how to make these POIs, but here is my page that describes the location of TYRE and you can read up on that page:
>>> TYRE and Google Maps <<<

You have a couple of different options:

2) Use Google Maps and a program called TYRE to create the POIs on your PC and then transfer them to your TomTom. I don't yet have a detailed description how to make these POIs, but here is my page that describes the location of TYRE and you can read up on that page:
>>> TYRE and Google Maps <<<

I wanted to Thank-you for your suggestions. Unforunately my TomTom One does not have the itinary options. But I looked into the TYRE software and was so impressed on the functionality and use with Google Earth. I was able to take my favorite places from Google Earth and copy them into POI files (by category) and copy them to my device. My POI's now show up on my device and this will be useful to my trip I am planning. I donated a little something to the developer cause I hope he will continue making more cool features for the TomTom. That software solved my problems! Thanks! :D

well so far from what I can tell, whenever you add non tomtom files AT ALL to your tomtom one v2, it locks up tomtom home. Seems to be a way for tomtom to protect its monopoly on you not having any tomtom POI files livingin N america, except canada I think.
I have had my tomtom one fore close to 6 months now, I have yet to see a single new POI offering from tomtom other than dunkin donuts and a few selected stores. Joke

I may be wrong about the protection thing, but every time I add POIs or custom voices the home screen just makes a beeping noise when I click anywhere on it and I have ctrl alt del out of it

Ask a Question