HOME software error

I just got an Ease as a gift yesterday. Lovely unit. I have tried to download HOME several times. I am running Vista. Download is fine, installing is fine., but when i try to open HOME i keep getting an error message: Error 1085 I spoke with Tomtom service person and got an earlier version. HOME 2.6. Same problem.
She told me that there was something wrong with my computer and to try run HOME from a different computer. Has anyone had the same problems?

That particular error most commonly shows up when there is a Group Policy in force. Is the Vista machine in question by any chance hooked up to a corporate network either directly or by vpn?

Problem solved

Thanks for your suggestion. The problem was solved when I changed compatibility setting to run Home in XP mode. Simple solution that TOMTOM tech support never mentioned after two hours of trying to uninstall and reinstall.

Interesting - easy work-around. Still would be interested to know if the machine in question is hooked to a corporate network where group policies might be active.

Ask a Question