Hey all!!!

Hows it going? Im from the interior of BC Canada. Just got a Tom Tom one from my grandma this x-mas. It seems to work pretty good.
Just one thing, how long should it hold a charge after being fully charged? Seems to only hold a charge for just over an hour after i unplug it. Don't really seem like thats very long at all, but is this just how it it?

I use a Garmin GPSmap 276C chart plotter for a few years now and it holds a charge almost all day it seems. But the batt on it is half the size as the whole "TTone"
thsmilies.gif

Anyways this looks to be the site to be for us tom tom guys and gals.
If anyone has any tips or some this or thats i should know holla back as im still trying to figure things out on this lil unit. Instructions are not the best thats for sure....

Have a good one peeps, see you around!!!
party0049.gif
Rockon.gif
party0049.gif

C

What an active post!! I cannot say about the charge for the one but my 910 and 930 certainly certainly have more than an hour life on the battery. Let's see what someone else adds. Welcome to the forum. Be sure to make an explorer, not tt home, backup of your unit.

What an active post!! I cannot say about the charge for the one but my 910 and 930 certainly certainly have more than an hour life on the battery. Let's see what someone else adds. Welcome to the forum. Be sure to make an explorer, not tt home, backup of your unit.

Yes, thanx man. Well my bro got the same one also so im waiting for him to get out and use his so i can see if his holds a charge longer. If it holds for a lot longer then im going to give TOM TOM a call and see what they say and maybe send it in for a n exchange. No big deal.
But if anyone else here has a "one" and can tell me how long it holds a charge for that would be great!!!

Sooooo, whats an explorer and not "tthome" like you say?
Nuts.gif
haha. What do i need to back my unit up for? There is nothing really on it yet except for what came with it and a couple voices i put on.

Thanx for the welcome!!!
ththefinger11.gif

Read the announcement at the top of the forum you posted in. Will give you plenty of tips as a first time TomTom user.

Initially, TomTom promises 'up to' 3 hours charge with that model. I think there are battery saving preference you can select. The reality is that all TomToms are meant to be used with car chargers and that's why they provide one.

Over time, the batteries degrade. (My 2 year old 720 won't hold a charge for more than 5 minutes...)

If anyone has any tips or some this or that
Yes, delete the annoying animation from your posts. (You can [Edit] your post and delete them now.)

I, for one, would skip another post with animation.
If you want someone to help you, don't make it difficult to read your post.

I cannot say about the charge for the one but my 910 and 930 certainly certainly have more than an hour life on the battery. Let's see what someone else adds.
I cannot say for my 930 although early days it switched off on me twice because of low battery.
Low charge levels are the single most cause of a deteriorating rechargeable battery.

When my friend got his 930 three months ago he started off with a fully charged device which shut off on him after 2-1/2 hours, just as he was getting off the freeway trying to get to some strange roads to him. He then realised that he had not plugged in his unit which I had set up without any battery saving features,as It would always be plugged in! (He had bought a 110 V USB charger so he would not have to rely on his wife having powered up the computer.
As his 930 came with 805 maps, my guess is that the battery had been sitting in the package for over a year.

Savage, you saw what I just did to your post.

We got along fine before you showed up and believe me, unless you tone down the inappropriate and immature language, you will be banned.

That's as polite a warning as you will be getting from me.

Savage, you saw what I just did to your post.

We got along fine before you showed up and believe me, unless you tone down the inappropriate and immature language, you will be banned.

That's as polite a warning as you will be getting from me.

I did nothing wrong, So smiley's are not allowed here when you have some already on the site of your own? Im the most laid back guy around, i think he was outa line from the get go. No, "welcome" nothing. Just a" Do what i say" and thats it!. Theres a way about asking and doing things, If people want to flex there internet muscles well thats fine.

Anyways thanx for your help people. :)

It was the language you used and you know it. I'm not about to get into a debate with you. As a moderator, I get to make the rules AND enforce them.

You don't like it? Leave.

It was the language you used and you know it. I'm not about to get into a debate with you. As a moderator, I get to make the rules AND enforce them.

You don't like it? Leave.

I know i was proly outa line, BUT look back and see who started what. I could care less really. It just funny to me that someone freaks outa about funny smiley's..thats all. I agree, this its old now.

Just got off the phone with Tom Tom. They said my batt is fine and if i do have a problem, just send it in for a replacement. Its seems to hold a charge better when charged in the car or from the wall in the house. I guess its good to go. Thanx.

Ask a Question