Help with TT720 and BB8310 with AT&T

First, after setting up hands-free, did the TomTom offer to set up data services, or did it say you BB was not set up for data (very unlikely)? Next, do you have the appropriate AT&T data plan? I think it may have to be their tethering plan, but I am not sure (search the forum on this).

If so on both of the above, after going through the setup wizard and failing, did it offer to use manual settings (and was your device listed in the setup wizard)?

If you have the correct data plan, you might try again with the wizard before searching the forum for the AT&T settings and trying that way.

TomTom is notorious for having their traffic server off-line, and I have spent a number of frustrating attempts to pair devices only to find the server is down again.

Blackberry Curve and TT720

I just got my TT720 yesterday and I was having the same problem, after searching on the forums I
1) Updated my Blackberry software (I have an 8310 on AT&T as well) by going to the Blackberry website, go to the software section, enter your pin and it will give you the link to the correct phone and desktop software.
2) I tried to access data services by clicking on the TomTom Traffic button allowing it to connect me to data services but selecting "Cingular (mediaworks)" instead of AT&T when it asks for my provider
and now I'm connected to data services. Hope this helps.

Ask a Question