HELP new 910 user

I am new with TT910 and I seem to be doing something wrong.

My TT910's operating application is 6.625
GPS v1.21
Map North America v665.1293
All my locations Home and final destinations seem to be off by 1/4 mile.

Can someone help me get back on track? This unit should not be this far off.

Wow, that certainly is way off. I'm not sure if this will help but have you tried resetting the unit? You may have to call TT support and see what they say.

All my locations Home and final destinations seem to be off by 1/4 mile.
How do you know that they are off by 1/4 mile?

If the GPS has a fix (you can't navigate without one), the position should be correct. It is not possible to be wrong by 1/4 mile.

Are you sure your destination locations are right? I.e.: is your home position correct, or is it out by 1/4 mile? How did you input your home address?

How do you know that they are off by 1/4 mile?

If the GPS has a fix (you can't navigate without one), the position should be correct. It is not possible to be wrong by 1/4 mile.

Are you sure your destination locations are right? I.e.: is your home position correct, or is it out by 1/4 mile? How did you input your home address?

I set my house location on the 910 under change preferences and it locates my address down the street about a whole block away. When I am on the road and select navigate to and select Home it also shows up at the end of the block and states that I have reached my destination. Is there a different or propper way to set home location? Other locations appear to be very very close so I am confused. If you can assist me that would be great.

Thanks

bob

You can also set your Home by using the 'GPS position'. Just park in front of your house and be sure that you have a good satellite lock.

I had that problem with the original maps. The map on the screen was OK, but it announced "you have arrived" consistently. That was the case when approaching from opposite directions.

It stopped happening with the new maps, and I believe now also with 6.625

I set my house location on the 910 under change preferences and it locates my address down the street about a whole block away.
The map doesn't contain every house number, only number ranges. What is probably happening is that you are navigating to the beginning of that number range, not your specific house number. If you 'browse map' and tap on your street, you will see the house number ranges.

Is there a different or propper way to set home location?
The solution is as 46jimbo suggests, set the 'home' position when parked on your drive. Instead of choosing the address, choose to input a 'Point on map', then tap the blue icon at the top-right of the screen. That will centre the map, and give the coordinates of your current location. Then you will always navigate to that same point, on your drive.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

The map doesn't contain every house number, only number ranges. What is probably happening is that you are navigating to the beginning of that number range, not your specific house number. If you 'browse map' and tap on your street, you will see the house number ranges.

The solution is as 46jimbo suggests, set the 'home' position when parked on your drive. Instead of choosing the address, choose to input a 'Point on map', then tap the blue icon at the top-right of the screen. That will centre the map, and give the coordinates of your current location. Then you will always navigate to that same point, on your drive.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks everyone, you input put me back on track. I used the GPS setting for my home location and now everything is working as I thought it should.

Have a GREAT DAY!

Ask a Question