Major problem help help asap 910

Now the stupid thing is SHUTTING DOWN no matter what I try to do ... all I did before this mess was update the TomTom to TomTom Home version 2.7 ... now it won't stay on AT ALL and I have a HUGE trip I'm leaving on Thursday night ... I wish I wouldn't have messed with it!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!:mad::eek:

Switching the version of Home should not be a factor as to how the unit is operating. At what point does it shut down? Have you tried a reset?

I didn't realize that when I have the TomTom on the computer dock that it doesn't charge and thus the battery ran out on me! DUH!! I'm so so sorry ... what a stupid thing to have happen ... but know I know ... live and learn ... so far everything else is fine :)

But the dock should be providing charging power to the unit..........just not as much as with the car charger.

Try a different usb port for the connector to the pc, preferably one in the back of the computer. Make sure the usb is not connected via a keyboard or monitor (if you have usb ports there) or via a usb hub (where power going to other connected devices to the hub causes too little to be available to the tt dock)

Thanks for the additional tips, I do have it plugged into a front USB on the tower ... I will put it in the back of the tower next time I'm going to be doing lots of stuff :)

Another thing you can do is this............a pin reset on the unit. That truly shuts down the unit so that no battery power is being used. Just turning off using the power button really is just putting the unit in a Hibernate state, so to speak, but it really is on and drawing (some) power.

There should be a dedicated reset hole in the bottom of the unit for your model, I believe.

Take the unit off the dock and turn it over, the reset hole is near the multi pin connector, the red arrow points to where it is, use a pin as paperclips can quite often be to large to depress the plunger of the switch - Mike

Ask a Question