HELP Missing back up!!

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help? i'm a newbie and have a problem, my 720 crashed and i followed the steps on tt web site re formatting memory card, unfortunately i dont seem to be able to find the back up, i must have messed up somewhere, is there anything i can do? advice pleeeease:(:(

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help? i'm a newbie and have a problem, my 720 crashed and i followed the steps on tt web site re formatting memory card, unfortunately i dont seem to be able to find the back up, i must have messed up somewhere, is there anything i can do? advice pleeeease:(:(

If you backed it up on home you just simply hit the restore tab on TT Home. If you backed up on Explorer you can simply drag the files into the TT. I know that members have been saying to reformat but when I bought my 510 several years ago something happen after the second or third connection which deleted my SD card. I had save a backup on the desktop. I simply copied from the desktop to the sd card and I was good to go.

Check if you can see the map in mydocuments\tomtom\home\download\complete\map

Otherwise, call Tomtom phone support. Sometimes, they'll activate an older map on your account.

You are supposed to be able to re-download a map you purchased for 1 year. That's the theory, anyway.

Ask a Question