HELP Missing back up!!

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by steved, Aug 4, 2009.

1. steved

steved

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help? i'm a newbie and have a problem, my 720 crashed and i followed the steps on tt web site re formatting memory card, unfortunately i dont seem to be able to find the back up, i must have messed up somewhere, is there anything i can do? advice pleeeease:(:(

steved, Aug 4, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. steved

JimT

TomTom Model(s):
    TT Go 2535M, TT 740Live, TT 510
    If you backed it up on home you just simply hit the restore tab on TT Home. If you backed up on Explorer you can simply drag the files into the TT. I know that members have been saying to reformat but when I bought my 510 several years ago something happen after the second or third connection which deleted my SD card. I had save a backup on the desktop. I simply copied from the desktop to the sd card and I was good to go.

JimT, Aug 5, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. steved

mvl Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 2535 LIVE, GO 1535 LIVE, GO 740 LIVE, Go 930
    Check if you can see the map in mydocuments\tomtom\home\download\complete\map

Otherwise, call Tomtom phone support. Sometimes, they'll activate an older map on your account.

mvl, Aug 8, 2009
  4. steved

dervari

Aren't you able to re-download the last map that you HOME account was authorized for?

dervari, Aug 8, 2009
  5. steved

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    You are supposed to be able to re-download a map you purchased for 1 year. That's the theory, anyway.

dhn, Aug 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question