hello hel tomtom one 3rd edition

hi people

i was hope one of you out here might help me if poss..

i have a tomtom one 3rd edition (yes i know it old) i turn it on and all i get no maps found can anyone help with this pross as i need mysat nav every day ouch it hurts with out it

cheers all the best whatbilly

Welcome to TTF.

Do you happen to have a backup (hopefully Explorer)?

When was the last time the unit worked? Have you done any updates?

When you look at the contents of the unit using Explorer do you see a map folder with files in ot, including one called <mapname>.meta.dct. ??

cheers for the welcome and speedy reply

no i havent got a back up...

worked yesterday (until i clicked get latest map shared update) then from that every time i turn it on i get no maps found and carnt use the sat nav

and no i have no folder on my sat nav called maps

Do you have a folder on your unit with a specific map name, like UK_and_ROI or something?

Also look here using Explorer:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

Do you see a compressed map folder there?

no have no folder call maps or like UK_and_ROI or something

c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

i get to complete and no maps folder ......

Well, I don't know what's happened but if you don't have a specific map folder on your unit nor a backup nor a compressed map file on your computer, then I'm afraid your only alternative is to purchase a new map.

Ask a Question