TomTom GO 750 Live - Hello

TomTom Model(s)
GO 500 and GO 750 Live
Hello to the Forum. Having been on another Forum I have also decided to register here to get more advise etc.

I have just purchased the GO 750 Live and what a nightmare to get all the updates (correctly).

I have been trying to read posts that would help a seamless update and I think eventually I have understood what needs to be done now.

As found out in TT Home if you have a msd card in also, 8gb, and selected as the device to update the Full Europe map download, it totally ignores that and wants then to install to the Internal 2gb memory (no indication of this), thus then states that you can download the updated map in Zones, N,S,E,W - Western Europe I selected then it downloaded this to the Internal overwriting the original.

Also with the download is the offer of the updated Application to v9.054. HE HE as all the other posts about this it is flawed and I was unable to get the Live Traffic, but Google and the others worked.

As advised I have now put the original backup files on to my 8Gb msd card and via the card reader and TT Home(no 750 device connected), this is now downloading the FULL Europe maps. I deselected the new Application Navcore v9 so I do not get the Live Problems again.... I hope...

What a shambles TomTom currently are. Why can not TT Home have more than one device per account, I had to register with a new account for this 750. Why can they not download the updates etc to the high capacity card that is in the unit, and then transfer all the other files from the Internal memory to it, thus making the process seamless. or at least give the user the choice, if they know what the heck is going on?
Why STILL have the Navcore v9 update on their servers for automatic updates if they know that there is a known issue with it and the Live Traffic?

You need a degree in computer science to do all of this without any help from experienced forum members, that have probably been in the same boat as me at one time. Thanks.

After continuous upgrade problems for over 24 hours since buying on Saturday 24th July 2010, I decided to format the 750 Internal Memory and my 8Gb msd card ans start afresh.
With the initial backup I transfered this to both devices. The card being via the card reader without the 750 attached.
Both worked with navcore 9.001 and map 835.2448 (Europe_2Gb), the TT Live traffic did not connect initially then for a brief moment connected, but again dropped stating that my account had expired (valid until 23/07/2011). The Google, weather and potrol all work no problems, so it has to be TTs Traffic server rejecting me.
The first update was the Navcores only to v9.054, then I proceeded to download the latest maps. I downloaded 3 Zones of Europe, W,E,N (South came up with an error) and eventually ended up with Western Europe (v850.2781) on the Internal memory and the Full Europe Western and Central with Russia etc (v850.2802) on my 8Gb msd card.
Again all were working with now no problems of Map not found. However again the TT Live Traffic connected briefly, then after several minutes dropped with the now usual account expired.
I have emailed TT CS requesting that they check my account and reset were needed. Hopefully they can do this sometime today, if not I will have to call them on Tuesday.
If anyone has an update on this I would appreciate feedback.

As I guess you have observed, 9.054 screwed up Live Traffic for UK users. Until a patch is available, downgrading to an earlier application is the only resolution to getting Traffic working again.

I tried this with the initial backup with v9.001 that came with the unit and still had problems.

I will try again.

What is the best way to get the v9.001 back onto the 750 \ card?
I know where the zip file is, is it just the case of extracting it into the main root folder and letting it overwrite the existing 'newer' files?

If this 9.001 is also problematic, how can I get the next know working version?

Thanks.

Actually, it is my understanding that the x50 models were not affected by the 9.054 upgrade, only the x40 LIVE UK models.

I have just restored my original issued software to a 2Gb card.
This has nav 9.001 and 835.2448 map

The Live Traffic can not connect even with these factory issued files.
The internet connection and my account work as Google\Weather and Fuel all return Live items.

It looks like I will have to call TT CS and ask them to reset my account.

OK Just come off a good lengthy discussion with TT Tech Support about my issues with the Live Traffic with the GO 750 Live.

This is the definitive answer as given by Adam.

The GO 750 Live DOES NOT have an issue with the latest Navcore v9.054, it is the x40 models that have this issue.

TT confirm that there are a lot of x50 Live units that have incorrectly been assigned to the Live Traffic Free offer, thus thats why I can not connect to the Traffic but can connect to Google, Weather and Petrol via the Live service.

I had to send him via my account support page, the Help - System Information (copy to clipboard), where upon receiving this requests 2nd Line to 'Reset' my device accordingly to accept all the Free services for the 12 months.

Once Adam has completed the request I am to receive a confirmation email, and hopefully eventually I will have all my services.

Additionally the latest TT map update offer for 18 months at FROM ?19.80 extended until the 10th August 2010 is a bit missleading. This apparently only relates to the UK and Eire map and not the Europe Maps as supplied with the 750 !! If I had of bought the cheaper 550 then this would have applied. My TT Home states that it is about ?35 for my latest full europe v850 map to be updated.

Actually, it is my understanding that the x50 models were not affected by the 9.054 upgrade, only the x40 LIVE UK models.
I'm afraid HD Traffic fails on a GO 550 as well - I have logged a call and waiting a response.

Definitely wish I had stayed with my old Navman!

I can now confirm that my Live Services including the Traffic are now 100% working after an account realignment to my device.

You have to perform a Factory Reset via the unit, then also a hard reset via the 15 seconds on button method.

Once taken through the initial setup again, and GPS signals received the Live Traffic Services connected Instantly.

They stated on the email that I was NOT to sign into my account via the device with my Username and Password.

I sent a reply to this and they confirmed that with the Free Live 12 month offer, it is the Device ID that is assigned so you do not sign into your account via the Device Services as this may again lose the Free services.

Under normal circumstances of purchasing their Live ?7.99 per month then that is when you would need to sign in to your account via the device.

So other GO550/750/950 users with the Free 12 month offer DO NOT sign into your account through the device after they have re-aligned your account.

Hopefully this is the end.

Ask a Question