HD Traffic

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live 1535M
With all the sporadic complaints regarding HD Traffic is there anyone out there, in the US, who can use the service successfully? If you are able to use it - please indicate where in the US it is working. We need more info, since TT customer service appears to be ignoring the problem.

I received my Go Live 1535M last Thursday. While I have a network connection, I haven't had access to any of the services as yet. Thanks for any input.

With all the sporadic complaints regarding HD Traffic is there anyone out there, in the US, who can use the service successfully? If you are able to use it - please indicate where in the US it is working. We need more info, since TT customer service appears to be ignoring the problem.

I received my Go Live 1535M last Thursday. While I have a network connection, I haven't had access to any of the services as yet. Thanks for any input.
HD Traffic works for me in the Los Angeles metropolitan area - most of the time. On occasion it does not, and this seems to almost always be at rush hour.

I have heard that this is because AT&T, which provides the broadcast data in the US, sometimes shuts down their 2G service on busy occasions, to free up more bandwidth for 4G service so they can make more money.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Not **any** of the services???

Have you called CS at 866-486-6866? Ask for 2nd level support.

I talked to "customer service" on Friday. They had me go thru their list of fixes, with no success. Then after keeping me on hold for awhile explained that their "servers were out". They had no idea when they would be back up. They did promise to email me with the record of my call and keep me advised of the status of their servers. I haven't heard from them yet.

I'd call them back. If ALL Services were out, others with LIVE models would be posting on forums such as this about the problem.

And they are not.

I'm betting that it's something with the SIM card in your unit. Maybe, not activated by TomTom. That's why I said to ask for 2nd level. They can check the SIM card activation at their end.

Also, have you tried a drum reboot on the unit? (hold the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds). Sometimes, doing so 'rehabilitates' LIVE services.

Last edited:
I called CS again last night and they said they would have my Live Service up and running today. Sure enough it started up immediately this morning. I just started as a driver with a statewide courier delivery service. The HD Traffic makes my job so simple that it's embarrassing to get paid for it. I appreciate your input and thank you for giving me the incentive to get the service I paid for.

@Alex F
Is it the quality of the traffic data that is your problem in SF, or is it a complete inability to get any traffic data at all (device is connected to carrier, but no data arrives)? Based upon what we've been hearing about AT&T GPRS service in the SF area, I'm guessing it is the latter.

HD traffic, or rather lack of thereof

Cell connection is up & down. Mostly down. When it's up, spinning wheel for minutes (mostly 5-10), one time got traffic after 45 minutes of travel. Sometimes can search & get weather but not traffic, seems to be somewhat better during quiet hours.
If you hear that a lot in my area, at least I know not to send the unit in for repair.
Thanks a lot.

Looking into other options, any advice?

When you are having that problem, it would be good to know if you're getting a good connection to the carrier. When we talk about a 'connection', it's really several connections in various stages. The first is a radio connection to the local cell site and an acceptance of your device by the carrier network (AT&T). How many blue bars are you seeing on the Connections menu for your unit?

Hi canderson:
I haven't checked the signal strengths, but I will; when I said no connection I meant the icon that looks like ))) is crossed out, which means no signal, I think.
When the icon is not displayed, I get the spinning wheel.
Remarkably it was not as bad the last two days. Go figure.

Ask a Question