HD Ride Planner - TT Rider Itinerary

I use the Harley Davidson Rider Planner to map out rides with Waypoints and Destinations and I want to get them onto my TT Rider 2.

Has anyone else used this site to plan rides and been able to get the route over to the TT Rider successully?

The TT route planner is not sofisticated enough for a route that has many waypoints.

I never used the HOG planner, but wanted to see what would happen. I created a route saved the route manually as a GPX file and then tried to use Tyre from TomTom aAt Home menu to convert the GPX file to .itn but it complained of too many waypoints and suggested I split the file. I split the file and looked at the first part and all the waypoints were listed twice. I really don't know how to use Tyre.

The only thing I ever did was use the TomTom 3rd part event logger to create .itn files of where we ride and convert them to use on Google Earth - we generally ride and see a lot of places but don't remember how we got there so having the ride on Google Earth lets me review it. Unfortunately the program I was using to make the .itn files on my TomTom has been broken since the last update.

I think many have not responded because they are not familiar with the Harley ride planner and the files it produces. I have access to the planner but don't have the knowledge of converting various file formats.

You may want to experiment with gpsbabel :

GPS Visualizer: Web interface to GPSBabel

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input

I know that works well to get my TomTom .itn files on Google Earth.

I also read Poieditor will convert GPX to .itn

http://www.poieditor.com/

Last edited:
I tried using

ITNConv v1.64

http://benitools.info/logconv.zip

It successfully converted the GPX file created at the HOG site that would not work with Tyre. However, the program did strip all the extra comments. All I had was a 1 hour ride with about 80 waypoints, it did convert the last waypoint to a destination. It looks like it will get you where you want to go, but may not have all the comments you saved.

Tom Tom ~ Harley Rode Planner

Yes, I have spent some months working on a trip around the east coast of the states on the Harley Ride Planner. Its a cool program, a bit cumersome and slow but its really good at being versatile and lets you change and alter your ride with relative ease. I too have a TomTom and I've been trying to work out how to work the Itinerary function. Its easy to load it all up but when you run down the road and come to a Way Point, pass that way pooint and continue on, TomTom keeps telling you to go back!! Until you go in and mark that way point as visited, it never lets it go. How can you stop this??
You'd think TomTom would install a button that comes up only when you are using the itinerary function, that when tapped once, automatically marks as 'Visited' the last way point passed. The way it is I have to go through 10 different taps to do that. Very dangerous when riding a motorcycle!! Can anyone help with this???

My Tomtom GO auto-marks a waypoint as visited if I come within about 100ft of it, but it must be on the same side of the road if the road is divided.

I assume that the Rider is the same, but don't own one so can't be sure.

Ask a Question