hate to ask

TomTom Model(s)
GO 300, GO 730 GO 630 GO 900
i have been playing around with my 300 trying to do some things that probably arent gonna happen.the tt is fine by itself,but when i plug it up to home i get an error sign.would like to know if someone has a 300 could tell me what the folders and things that i need.i have put folders on there that are messing it up when i go to home,i have done backup but it was backup with those not needed folders.like i said it works fine by itself its when im in home that it messes up.i dont know what to delete and what to keep.i was trying to figure out how to do handsfree on it.i got the mobil phone symbol but it was greyed out.thanks

i probably did but i dont have it now.i have one from about a month ago that would work but but when i try to restore it it says media error.i had that demo on there but i took it off.the symbol media player shows up on my menu.i now only have 3 pages for each thing 3 pref and three of other there is seven pages on pref.got it back to the right pages but cant hook up to home still and turn it on thru there get error messege.still would like to see if someone can list whats on it when you open the tomtom drive.

Last edited:
i was trying to figure out how to do handsfree on it.
Even though I already told you that it is impossible on a 300?? Even if you were able to update the Bluetooth profiles to include a handsfree profile (which I am certain you can't), the 300 has no microphone!!

i got the mobil phone symbol but it was greyed out.
Yes, because it is not possible on a 300!

anything is possible.i know if it ever worked i would need a go 700 window mount that has a mic.cant knock a guy for trying.

...cant knock a guy for trying.
Very true! You go for it. I would be more than happy to see you prove me wrong. However, I do believe there is a question of time/effort to consider. Personally, I think it would be easier just to pay that bit extra for a 700. After all, you have already saved $'s on the price of two extra maps.

nothing wrong with my 300,i just want the hands free.i bought my dad a new 700 for 199.00 and tried it out and loved that option.so instead since i cant figure it out in gonna get a parrot ck 3100 or 3200 for christmas and install it that cn be heard thru car speakers .so i can have hands free without needing the tt to do it.the only thing is i get a new car every 2 years from work so i think they make plugs that make it easy to take out and put in.along with that i have xmradio also.

Ask a Question