Hard core reference section - Navcore cab files

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740, GO 1535, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, GO Discover, TomTom Bridge
Speaking of *.cab files, how good are the archives of prior versions at TomTom's web site? Are they maintaining all of them, or would it be a good idea to get those trapped here so they don't disappear while we're not looking? There might be a version they obsolete from their system that actually becomes useful to some user down the road.

I might have known once what the magic decoder ring was for the URL to get all of them from tt.com, but I can't remember it now to check on my own question.

list1.jpg

list2.jpg

list3.jpg

Pardon the 'ransom note appearance' :cool:

Pardon the 'ransom note appearance' :cool:
If you ever want to see your 720 again, you'll follow our instructions -- and NO cops!

OK - so how did you snag that list? I tried once to get a list at that URL via FTP, but no dice. And anything sort of the full URL with filename gets you nada. C'mon, give!

Also - my fears have been confirmed. The 7.221 release for the GO x20 series appears to be missing. Too old?

Oldest I see is 7.481 for x20 models ... and TomTom shows that as for a "Carminat TomTom", whatever the devil that is/was.

Last edited:
David stole the list from the dark side.... I recognize the format.

I have been keeping a private, better one. There are more files on the list that people are unaware of. Some of it was my trial&error typing URLs in to my browser.

It's my little secret for now... but to give you a taste.. here's one of the missing ones:
http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/navcore_8.014.9372.xl2008.cab

:)

Point was -- let's say I am a user who has a need for a specific 3rd party application. We all know that a lot of them have been broken since Navcore 8.XXX, and only a small handful continue to work. If I needed to back up to the 7.XXX code for my 720, I think that would mean 7.221. In any case, I didn't see it in David's list. At least when there are major code branches or major releases, should we keep a repository of the older cab files? And perhaps for recent point releases as well? We all know what happened after 8.302. I would hate to have to depend upon TomTom to keep them all available on their server (and it seems they don't in ALL cases) and at a readily identifiable location like "sweet". That could change at any time.

So the Q is, should we be keeping a base set of them here along with our reference files? Again, the idea is to remain independent of other servers where we can and where it would be a problem if the others ceased to produce for us.

I don't pretend to know the logistics of the situation as to how and where we store them but think it's a good idea if we could maintain a core repository, certainly not all those listed in the screenshots.

And, yeah, it's funny that 7.221 isn't shown. That's what I started with when I got my 720 almost 2 years ago.

You may be right about the copyright infringement issue.............
Could be. OTOH, it would be nice to have a link table here for all of them that exist there. I couldn't copy and paste a link for most of them if my life depended on it, although that DHN list certainly will help.

--- Snip by mvl ---

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question