Guam?

TomTom Model(s)
go 720
Hey guys,

On tomtom home it says that i have the latest in Canada/US/ and Puerto Rico maps.
It also says that it is stored in North_America_2gb but when i start up the unit, it says that i am in Guam. I tried to switch maps but the only one available was Guam. Can someone please help?

Do you have a backup of your device? When you connect to the computer and use Explorer, do you see a folder called North_America on your unit?

What is the application installed on your unit?

I didn't actually back it up. Stupid of me. There is a folder called North_America_gb. What do you mean the application?

The operating system on the unit.

In the status bar on the unit, do you see vertical bars on the right side? If so, tap there and the following screen shows the application installed. Tap the version number and the following screen shows the map installed and its version.

Did you get your unit from TomTom directly or a retailer in Toronto?

The reason I ask is that app 8.398 was for the Work models (available only in the UK) and it required specialized maps.

You said you couldn't switch maps on the unit but if you connect to Home and run the emulator (Operate my 720), can you switch maps there?

Also, again using Explorer and looking in the North_America_2GB map folder on the unit, you should see a file called North_America_2gb.pna. Right click on it and select 'open' from the menu. What is the number at the end of the first line?

I Bought it from Future shop years ago but hadn't updated in a long time. When i try to open on home, it says that it is not supported for my combination of device, device application version or computer operating system. What do you mean by using explorer? I do see the file under my computer but cant open it.

[FONT=&quot]ID=North_America_2GB.pna
890[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]build=4222[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]id=917844[/FONT]

Okay, that map (890) is the latest. Out last week.

Do this:
  1. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here: https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html
  2. Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.
  3. Connect to Home and install the application that should be offered (click on 'more info' in the link where it shows the application it wants to install. It should be 9.430. If it is a lesser version, install it and go through the process again until 9.430 is offered and installed.)
  4. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.
You should be good to go accessing the NA map now.

Ask a Question