Guam????

TomTom Model(s)
720 GO
I have had my TT 720 Go since NOV and after updating thru TT I can only get a map of Guam on my TT. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? After reading on the TT website I've reset factory settings then update to no avail. I also tried the reset button and updated but to my dismay still the same thing occurs. Any ideas? Please help:confused::eek:

See if anything here helps.

I suspect it is a case of an updated map not being 'seen' by a lower level application still installed but check the link I provided.

maps

make sure that you rename map on tom tom backup and on copy to computer if you used it. Also in your normal tom tom folder must be renamed or deleted. But if you want to make sure call phone support. Good luck

Make sure your map was not deleted - see if it shows up with window explorer when you are connected to your computer.

If so, then per dhn's reply - usually this problems only occurs if you have a new map and old application - which app version is on your unit ?

North America map was deleted while updating.

I have the same problem. Last night when I updated it, North America map was wiped out from the internal hard drive and I was left with Guam map now. I searched in the folders and looks like its gone.
It did not arn me at all while updating. All I remember is, it told me that five or six updates are available and it asked me whether to install them. I am sure Guam was the first one in the list. I selected all items in the list and presed "update and Install" button. Other items in the list were three voices.
I neither took any backup nor updated before.
I called the support this morning and they asked me to call them back when I am at home in front of a computer and TomTom connected to it. He wanted to first check the device and update the map. Hopefully it will restore it.
I read somewhere that they load a North America map into your Home account and you have to download and install it. Next time, I should back it up before updating.
Kumar

Downloaded North America map

After talking to TomTom customer service rep, she added North America map to my TomTom Home account.
(After I connected TomTom to my computer, she asked me some questions to verify whether its really gone from TomTom's internal hard drive).
It took little more than two hours to download and install it (I have DSL connection).
Everything is working fine.

HI Guys

This is a known current issue, and it looking to get fixed very very soon.. If you have downloaded the new maps as part of the 30 days map update then please contact the support, as changing files etc wont fix it. They will issue you a new map if you provide the following info

Proof of purchase
screenshot of sysinfo for the tomtom
valid TomTom account

They should be able to help you from there.. This is ONLY effecting North American maps at this time and only as part of the LMG

Have Fun

V

**UPDATE** if it is effecting people, you should contact the support they will help you

Have Fun

V

Ask a Question