GO920 Favourite naming

TomTom Model(s)
Go Discover 7"
I am storing a number of favourites that I wish to be shown in order of how they are named.

eg:
Restuarant - Joes - 16 miles
Restuarant - Milly's - 25 miles
Woodfield Mall - 240 Shops

While I can store and record them this way, when I try and navigate to a Favourite, they are shown as:

16 Restuarant - Joes - miles
240 Woodfield Mall - Shops
25 Restuarant - Milly's - miles

Anybody know how I can get the Favourites to be listed as they are named?

TomToms do some funny things with # and - and some other characters. I've run into this a lot when creating custom itinerary sets, too. It seems to be trying to create an address out of the information, which drives me nuts.

Try avoiding the "-" character and see if that changes what you see.

Thanks for the idea. Regrettably this doesn't work either. Removing the - sign, the numeric values are moved to the front of the name. So:

Restaurant Joes 16 miles becomes 16 Restaurant Joes miles

We are visiting the US this summer and I wanted to be able to record Restaurants and places of interest with mileages of how far away they are from where we are staying.

This is frustrating.

What happens if you surround the number with parens ... such as (16) miles. Does that fool it? I don't have my 720 here to experiment with at the moment. I am trying to remember how I got around this before. It can be done, but it's been a while.

No, that mixed it up even more.

Restuarant Joes (16 miles) became (16 Restaurant Joes miles)

The strange thing is the favourite is named properly but when shown in a list decides to mix it up. I did try a number of alternatives but nowt seems to work.

Thanks for the thoughts anyway.

Result :)

Took the space between the 16 and miles out so that it's 16miles and that lists it correctly.

Thanks for your input.

I had the same problem with itineraries. I had them as POI (instead of favorites) and they looked fine during input, but when I would try to create an itinerary out of them, it started trying to turn everything into an address in the itinerary list!

Glad you found one of the ways to get it to behave!

Ask a Question