Go1535 - No Itinerary function!!

TomTom Model(s)
GOLive 1535M
I am absolutely shocked that they removed this feature and now have to decide whether to return this unit. I am going to review Garmin units and see if they have this feature. I have always been a TomTom customer, but for a $200 plus GPS not to have basic route planning with multiple stops is an absolute shock and is completely unacceptable.

You can add 3 waypoints only and even then you can't save the route.

Don't blame you for seeking an alternate but also call CS at 866-486-6866 to let them know that TomTom has lost a customer because of this stupid decision on TT's part. Who knows, if enough people let TT know, they may consider bringing it back.

You can add 3 waypoints only and even then you can't save the route.

Don't blame you for seeking an alternate but also call CS at 866-486-6866 to let them know that TomTom has lost a customer because of this stupid decision on TT's part. Who knows, if enough people let TT know, they may consider bringing it back.

You buy a newer unit, you expect only improvements and better functionality. Especially with all the competition from in-vehicle units and smartphone apps. My existing Tomtom failed, and I did a quick look online to see the latest units, and I did not have time to do a proper review. I assumed the new unit could only be better! Now I own a worse unit than my older one. It is absolutely unbelievable and I am really pissed off. And when I get pissed off, I tend to want to go online and flood the Internet with posts to punish the company that has screwed me. They will not put out better units unless they fear losing money. I am feeling vindictive right now and want to prevent other users from getting hosed. I hope someone at Tomtom is listening to this. Because I am really annoyed. It is partially my fault for not reviewing more carefully, but nevertheless who expects a reversal of quality for a $229 standalone unit. I will review my options and will probably return this unit.

If they dumb the thing down and make it less useful, aren;t they begging to just go out of business? Not only that, but itinerary planning should also include route optimization, where the unit puts a series of destinations together in the most logical order. How does a $229 standalone GPS not include that function?

And I can understand it in the $99 units. But why not have a pro unit that includes these advanced features and just charge a high price for them. I would pay $400 or $500 for a GPS with proper route planning, itinerary planning, and route optimization.

Buyer beware. For Google indexers: Tom Tom removes itinerary planning. Tomtom no Itinerary planning. And I am just getting warmed up. :mad::mad::mad:

@marc, as your posts are about the Itinerary feature but the topic you posted in was about something else (losing routes), I'm going to move your posts and the replies so far out into their own topic.

Ask a Question