Go Live 825

Hi all
I recently bought a TomTom Go Live 825.

I read all the instructions on the TomTom site, and even so I cannot add new voices to the system.
TomTomHome, and TomTomHome2 can?t conect to the device... my TomTom connects but there I cannot had new voices.

My GPS was bought in Germany and has only 3 German voices... also 2 that are on grey and I cannot select.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, the 825 (all GO 800 series) is on the new platform, and uses MyTomTom and NOT TomTom Home for updates. Best to start here:

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mytomtom/getstarted/
Yes, that?s what I already did. The problem is that even after updating device (which means it?s connected to the PC) I cannot upload new voices to the equipment. I follow the instructions
Download and install voices
but after clicking add comunity content, the browser doesn?t show all those possibilities. Only the first one...

Can I be doing something wrong?

Thanks

What is the application on your unit? And are you offered an application update when you do connect to MyTomTom?

You aren't doing anything wrong....

The super, new, improved "MyTomTom" interface CANNOT download and install voices (or anything else) yet from the TomTom servers.

All it CAN do (at last) is copy voices that you already have (previously downloaded or on another device) and install those.

Isn't progress wonderful?

Last edited:
You aren't doing anything wrong....

The super, new, improved "MyTomTom" interface CANNOT download and install voices (or anything else) yet from the TomTom servers.
Well, there's always map updates and firmware and stuff. It's just that with TomTom Home or TomTom Home2, he never will. I get the feeling he may have owned a previous platform unit.

Hi, and how can I install those voices? I cannot see the place where to upload them. Should it be on MyTomTom?

Thanks for the quick help

Hi, and how can I install those voices? I cannot see the place where to upload them. Should it be on MyTomTom?
You can't - yet. The MyTomTom code really isn't complete. They've been adding features here and there, and no doubt will get around to voices one of these days. You'll know when you get pushed a new version of MyTomTom that includes those items and no 'gray paint'. Stay tuned here, of course - it will no doubt be big news.

You can't - yet. The MyTomTom code really isn't complete. They've been adding features here and there, and no doubt will get around to voices one of these days. You'll know when you get pushed a new version of MyTomTom that includes those items and no 'gray paint'. Stay tuned here, of course - it will no doubt be big news.
Ah ok. Thanks for your answers. I was getting confused with all of this. I already emailed the TomTom services with a question regarding this "upgrade" on the systems. They go to a new level, without having it prepared to fulfill the needs of the buyers... Let?s wait for news. Thanks once again

Now I achieved to update my system from MyTomTom (at least I thought I did it) and while restarting, the Map from Europe just disappeared. What is this? I already sent 3 emails to support to understand what is this. The system is "up to date" according to MyTomTom, but the Map is gone. (which means I cannot use it anymore). I try to download the Map again, the download ends OK, and when installing to the device, always stops before ending. I will have to go to the store and ask for a new equipment. How com this enterprise releases a "new" product, and does not have the proper support for it ready??

How com this enterprise releases a "new" product, and does not have the proper support for it ready??
The inevitable tensions between sales/marketing and engineering/QA are sometimes resolved in the favor of sales/marketing. In the case of TomTom, more often than not over the last year or two.

I called the CS of TomTom. The answer was the following: "We are having a crash in our Serves, so the files that you save are "corrupted"... this way, the best thing is to go back to the store, and change the equipment for another one, and don?t update over the internet, at least for one or two weeks. Then the problem must be already solved..."

I can?t believe this kind o services...

I will take it to the store (bought it last Wednesday) and try to make the exchange. I called the shop and explained, and they said it?s ok, I can go there with no problems, that they will give me a new one.

So if you know someone who is intending to buy a Go Live 825, tell him not to update the system (or simply not to buy it for now)...

Thanks all

I will keep the topic up to date, as soon as the correct upgrade is available.

I got exactly the same problem with the missing voices. Just bought a Go Live 825 in Germany (where I reside) and the only voices available out of the box were 3 German voices, the rest was greyed out.

However I now managed to fix it as follows: I have also a TomTom One which I had backed up on my PC using TomTom Home. I looked in the backup files and I found there a number of CHK and VIF files in C:\Users\"Username"\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backup\ONE\Backup01\InternalMemory\voices

I then used "MyTomTom" to load these voice files using the "Add Community..." rebooted the TomTom and there it goes, finally got some voices I understand. Of course you need a copy of the voice files from another TomTom...

Knowing it is technically so easy I do not understand why TomTom doesn't just offer the standard voice files for download. But also the question is why aren't they loaded on the device when it comes new as was always the case???

I have the 825 live too. You know what.....i switched back to the go 910!!!

In this era with iphone, ipad and other great devices, tomtom put out this navigator with poor screen, low resolution, old maps, terrible voice recognition, poor battery (1hour....).....and the greatest of all...MYtomtom:mad:

I dont know what they're planning but if they want to remain one of the leader in this sector with the big presence on the market of the smartphones, they're on the wrong way.....

Last edited:

Ask a Question