GO LIVE 825 "Something has gone wrong"

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live 825
HELP PLEASE!!

Right, i plugged my tomtom go live 825 into my laptop which uses windows vista, i have previously done an update and it was all fine. The tomtom program said there was another update to be done and so stupidly i attempted to do it.

Within a few minutes it stopped downloading and said "Something has gone wrong, the connection to the server has been lost contact customer support"
WTF!! When i turn it on now, it just says "europe" and when i click on it it says "this map cannot be used with this device". Right...so, thats good then.

So, i have thus far, rebooted, several times, cleared the cache, reinstalled my tomtom on every internet browser known to man and i have even attempted a full factory reset thingy, and that just says "communication failure". I have also turned off antivirus, firewall and deleted temporary internet files, you name it, ive done it...for that past 6 hours!

I need this satnav for my job, this has happened to me before and it deleted all maps so i had to send it back and get a replacement. So im so annoyed this has happened again.

Can someone please help me??!

When you say reboot, do you mean just power off/on or do a drum reboot where you hold the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds???

I have held the power button until i hear the drums, several times! I have even tried to reset to factory settings, but that is when it says communication failure,

Could it be a problem with my tomtom program because when i go on the website it doesnt always recognise that i have it installed. I have uninstalled and several times though.

Guess you better put it in the hands of customer support:

0845 161 0009 or 020 7387 5444

Ask a Question