GO 930 updated Mount and RDS-TMC

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2535 TM WTE, GO930
I just received a new mount for my Go 930. I purchased it through Amazon but it shipped from the UK. The mount is a huge improvement from the OEM mount that was sold with the GPS. Search for the following ASIN No. "B003AN70HA" on Amazon. The mount uses a lever to attach itself to the windshield. This mount will fit the following TomToms: GO 520, 720, 920 & 530, 730 & 930.

I also picked up a new power cord for my Go 930. It has the RDS-TMC antenna built into it. The RDS-TMC is a lifetime subscription. (It is interesting that the instructions that were included with the unit are for the original RDS antenna that was in two parts.) This antenna is just one part and it is not designed to be attached to your windshield. Very similar to the antenna/charger unit that comes with the Go 2535. The first time that I tried it, it recognized that an RDS-TMC was connected but it did not sync in (Red X). When I went into the menus and selected traffic, it stated that the RDS-TMC was not compatible with my current map. I called TomTom to find out why. They were not very helpful. I decided to check for updates for my TomTom at this point and a new system download was installed on my TomTom. I am not sure if the download was spurred by me trying to hook up the new antenna or just coincidence, but after the update was installed, I decided to give it one more try and the antenna hooked up perfectly. The next morning I ran it through its paces on the way to work and back home from work without any problems at all. Just search for the following ASIN No. "B005JSM95W" on Amazon. Even though it does not specifically state that it will work on a Go 930, I can absolutely attest that it works flawlessly. The only question that remains is: Will the antenna retain its lifetime status? My assumption is that it will. :)

Your timing was great - the 9.400 firmware update that you received was just released, and was what enabled that new traffic cable to work for you. This is going to make a lot of x20 and x30 users happy, I suspect.

The cable's expiration is embedded in the cable itself, and a 'lifetime' cable will have an expiration date far, far out into the future (so far as to not matter).

Thanks for the additional part number references.

Wow, that was great timing!

Your right! New life for the X20 and X30's!!

Ask a Question