Go 930 owners: please help with info

Could you, please, tell me who manufactured your display? was it Sharp? Samsung? other company? This info can be obtained from the hardware info screen (turn your 930 on, press reset button, then press and hold the power-on/power-off button to access the hardware info screen; the information I need is under "TFT Type")

I suspect - maybe wrongly - that different batches have (had) different providers, with significant differences when it comes to maximum brightness.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Mine is a Samsung.
I have a black & white picture start up screen and when it goes into high power, just before the driving view comes, on it becomes extremely bright.
Preferences 7 of 8, Battery saving preferences, did you enable (o) Dim screen between instructions?

Thanks, Arno. The one I bought (and promptly returned) a couple of weeks ago was really dim (even for a TomTom) and an underlying grid was visible. Its screen was manufactured by Sharp (my old 720's screen is a Samsung, just like yours).

Unfortunately, the 930 seems to have disappeared from the shelves in brick-and-mortar stores; thus, I'm no longer able to try another unit and see how it compares to the one I had, or if it has a screen that wasn't manufactured by Sharp. I just spotted a 930 at Dell Canada (nice $70 discount, until the 26th), but I'm a bit reluctant to order it, for obvious reasons.

Hm, dilemma, dilemma...

Ask a Question