Go 930 and "Operate My Go" On a Mac

I have a new 930 that I've updated with TT Home. When I clicked on "Operate My Go" it said it needed to download a file which it did. However there are still several issues with this function. I can't get it to go to the map/driving view screen, and some buttons don't respond to anything. Also every time I disconnect the device after using this function it requires me to reselect the voice I want to use. Is anyone else having issues with this function?

Another thing I noticed involves that Mapsettings.cfg file. I copied that over from my previous device so that I would retain my favorites, recents and such. However the only thing the 930 picked up was my home location. I had to manually enter all the rest.
John

Also every time I disconnect the device after using this function it requires me to reselect the voice I want to use. Is anyone else having issues with this function?
You may want to try a pin reset. I know that when I use virtual TomTom, a few of my short cut options are removed such as Jukebox and Call.
Another thing I noticed involves that Mapsettings.cfg file. I copied that over from my previous device so that I would retain my favorites, recents and such. However the only thing the 930 picked up was my home location. I had to manually enter all the rest.
John
This has also been reported by other 930 users. Only the HOME location is saved. Must have something to do with the new map.

Thanks, I was wondering if I mucked something up by using that file. The "Operate my Go" sees my device as a 730 and some functions are missing from it as well. With the 7.481 update on my other device I lost the function completely so I actually was surprised to see it operate somewhat on this one.

Also so far I haven't seen any sign of the lane guidance feature - not the reality view screen but the lane arrows on the bottom left of the screen. Is there some secret to having these appear?
John

Last edited:
I have a new 930 that I've updated with TT Home. When I clicked on "Operate My Go" it said it needed to download a file which it did. However there are still several issues with this function. I can't get it to go to the map/driving view screen, and some buttons don't respond to anything. Also every time I disconnect the device after using this function it requires me to reselect the voice I want to use. Is anyone else having issues with this function?

John

Having to reselect the voice is a problem that appeared (for me) when I updated my 920 to firmware version 7.481. When using TomTom Home to "Operate my GO" is changes the selected voice to "Nelson" for some reason, and doesn't change it back to its original setting upon exit. I imagine you're seeing the same problem your 930.

John

The mapsettings.cfg file you copied will not work since you went from Navcore 7 to 8. Navcore 8 is a different animal.

Make sure you have the option enabled in the preference menu.
To test it, follow the instructions here.
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showpost.php?p=59158&postcount=10
Thanks, I was worried that using that MapSettings file might have affected this. I ran through several demos in the Baltimore area where I am and the feature still didn't appear but then I put the map into the 95/495 area around Washington and ran a demo from there and lo and behold it appeared several times on the route I selected.
Thanks again,
John

Ask a Question