GO 750 "freezing up" on directions

TomTom Model(s)
GO750 Live Garmin Camper 760LMT-D
Hi

I have a GO 750 which was bought new two years ago. Occasionally when giving out directions it has a nasty habit of "freezing up". As an example, last week I drove down to London and when exiting the M6 for the M42, the voice command went "take the next exit for M Fffff.......", stuttering at the "forty" instead of clearly stating "M forty two".

I have experienced this problem before and cannot get to the bottom of it.

A Transcend 8gb Class 6 card is installed and also the latest updates. I was told that a Class 6 card would be fast enough, but now I am wondering as this seems the only option left I can think of.

Last year when driving in Belgium the GPS totally 'locked up' and lost the signal at a crucial point of joining a motorway and I had to reset it by switching it off, then back on again after a few seconds.

Anyone any ideas as to what is going on here? :confused::confused:

Is the battery fully charged in your unit? And do you run the unit connected to the car charger?

Also, read the info in this link. May assist:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modul...iewtopic&p=583077&highlight=750+freeze#583077
Ever since i've had it, before going off on any trip i charge it first on the mains, then when installed in the car it's always connected to the 12 volt socket. Reason being is I found the battery does not last very long if you don't keep it connected.......unlike my previous 700 which was very old, but could easily run an entire day (or longer) without 12 volt connection.

Bit worrying to read the info in that link as when I asked about this problem before, the advice I was given was to make sure it was updated which I did. But in my case it was already giving this problem before updating anyway.

Did you attempt the solution provided by the poster in the link???
As regards updating yes......as for formatting, no.

Bear in mind this is a GPS which was purchased brand new and had this problem before any updating took place. It was suggested I updated to solve the problem.....which it hasn't.

To be perfectly honest, if it was not for the fact this was a birthday present from my son, I would sell it and return back to the 'old tech' of the 700 which ran without fault plus had it's own internal memory.

I'm tempted to contact TT and ask them to have a look at it as up to now i'm far from impressed. This was a new unit and I don't expect to have to fiddle around formatting to get it to work properly.

Update on the above problem.

Contacted TT CS by phone and they suggested the following;

1) Run through updates again to ensure unit has latest installed.

2) Change voice for a different one.

Have since used my 750 on a couple of runs, albeit shortish ones, but it gave me chance to listen carefully to how the voice commands were and it does appear to have solved the problem. Just waiting now for a longer journey which will be proof positive that it has worked but to be on the safe side I have added a few alternate voices I can use.

Ask a Question