GO 730 Speed Cameras

Has anyone gotten the speed cameras to work on a GO 730?

Despite downloading and installing the free Speed Cameras for US and Canada through TT HOME, I can't access them.

When I go to TT Services and then click on TT Safety Cameras, my next screen says:
"TomTom Safety Cameras, warns you about safety cameras on your route.
You can join this service and download safety camera locations to devices using TomTom HOME.
[OK]"
And when I click 'ok', I get returned to the Safety Camera icon screen.

When I check the map folder, it does contain the .ov2, .dct and .ver files.

Is this a known problem or is there something that I am missing?

This is on a brand new GO 730 with all of the current updates available applied through TT HOME.

When you update your unit, do you see a new Safety_Camera ov2 file offered?

You'd find them downloaded to here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Safety Cameras\

One version of the files do not appear as a separate poi category even though, as you point out, an appropriate ov2 file does show up in the map folder.

It's like that for me as well on my 720.

dhn, thank you for your quick response.

Yes, there was a new file offered in the update.
And yes, a folder does appear in c:\documents and settings\myname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Safety Cameras\ containing the files 'preview-camera-us.png', 'Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTom.toc', 'Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTom.cab', and 'icon-camera.gif'.

I can't access the speed cameras under TT Services as I said in my previous post and when I look at the POI's, there are no POI's listed for the speed cameras.

It's like all of the correct files are there but for some reason the system doesn't recognize them.

Resolved!

I deleted all of the camera files in the map folder.
I signed in to TT HOME using a different TomTom account and transfered the new device to this account (an old account I had for a TomTom XL ONE).
Installed the safety cameras through TT HOME and now have access to TT Safety Cameras and they work.
Strange but at least the Speed Cameras are working!

Ask a Question