Go 730 battery

Hi,
I bought a go 730 approx 1 year ago in UK from Argos store and mostly found it to be fine but occasionally had to reset it to comm with my bluetooth phone sometimes it would lock at directory download and go no further , anyway Sunday afternoon after 1 hour drive it goes off with ignition switch, no warning symptoms ,switches back on ignition tom tom restarts ? Tried a reset then power it from computer, lots of options including phones "greyed out" ,only one voice working,not looking good .I read all the posts and thought it may be a year old dead battery but why all the other problems? Anyway decide to check battery model to ensure getting the right one and open it up . just before prising out the battery I made to disconnect it and thought "no that disconnected too easily " re-connected battery properly and now perfect again . Maybe I was lucky / unlucky but if yours was put together by same person maybe you will be lucky / unlucky too . Hope this helps someone .
John.

You may find that the stats they give for power are not quite what actually happens. I had dismal power times. I called TomTom. No issues with my dealings with them, asked me to try some things, which I did. In the end they warranteed the unit. The new one I got has about the same time. I suppose I could warrantee it again, but in the end my feeling is that the unit is usually plugged in, so it's not a huge issue.

J

Ask a Question