go 720 mount????

ok i got my tomtom go720 today and had all the parts until i took trash out and threw away the car charger and the mount now i am trying to find a good replacement and i was wondering if anyone here had a suggestion!!!!!!!!:(

I am not sure if you guys have it but I have seen 2 TO GO package or 3 to GO package pretty decent.

I bought a 2 TO GO which includes a casing and a air-com mount so it was a good second mount for my other car.

There are quite a few on ebay, but not sure if they work well.

The 2 TO GO is like buying 2 accessories for price of one. and they are for the GO series.

A car charger with a USB type plug should work. Mine that I use for my Motorola cell phone has the same type of plug and it works just fine.

For mounts, I have a RAM mount (ram-mount.com). It's model RAM-B-166-TO6U and it has a locking suction cup and a cradle. Before anyone asks, no I don't work for RAM or own any stock or anything like that. I've had 2 of their mounts before and they are absolutely first rate. They make all sorts of interchangeable parts, but if you get a kit with everything together, it has the screws and all the parts. It's made of aluminum, rubber, and plastic. It's very heavy duty and feels well-made (made in USA too). I've never seen anything that comes close to the robust quality and craftsmanship.

What I really like about the suction cup is that it doesn't just rely on pushing the air out. It has a twisting collar around it that pulls the center of the cup away from the glass, creating a negative air pressure vacuum.

The cradle designed for the 720 (they make different cradles for every model) has all the right cut outs. It allows the use of the right-angle charger at the bottom (though if you get a different charger it would work too). It also has a cut out notch for the power button. It fits in there like a glove and you can even hang it upside down.

The arm uses a double ball and socket design, so it can be articulated and positioned in any sort of configuration. I've also used the suction cup to grip it to a friction weighted dash mount and it worked great. I definitely recommend RAM mounts and it's not even that expensive. That whole contraption kit is like $34 US.

Ask a Question