What's everyone using for a mount for TT720 ?

I read many posts about how the mount came with the TT720 or TT730 is problematic. However, I received my TT730 two weeks ago, have been using it daily, and have had no problem with that mount at all!

The trick is that you just need to moisten the mount a little bit first and then mount to the window shield! Just some water and it will never fall off! Even with your own saliva!

I suspect many who are having problems first mount the unit on the pedestal and then try to stick the suction cup to the windshield.

I read many posts about how the mount came with the TT720 or TT730 is problematic. However, I received my TT730 two weeks ago, have been using it daily, and have had no problem with that mount at all!

The trick is that you just need to moisten the mount a little bit first and then mount to the window shield! Just some water and it will never fall off! Even with your own saliva!

Yeah... wait a few months. Initially, the TT mount worked great. Then, one day, all of a sudden without warning, the unit and mount came crashing down.

Nothing I tried got it back to its initial robustness: cleaning windscreen, moistening suction cup.... nothing.

I bought an aftermarket after that. Didn't want to risk the thing crashing down while driving.

Check out this thread: https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=10802

I got the Arkon TT115. I know a few others on the forum are running that one as well. Haven't seen any negatives about it. Pretty cheap if I recall. ..<$20 delivered.

Last edited:
Im using the Proclip mount on my 920

P1100444.jpg

P1100438.jpg

Yeah... wait a few months.
I'm a year into the use of my original mount here where we get daily 40 degree temperature swings on a fairly regular basis. The suction cup (NO adhesive disk being used) has stuck to the nasty compound curve (concave horizontally and convex vertically) of my well polished wood dash trim for that year. It's mounted more or less vertically. It's come off twice when someone dinged it with a 3 ring binder. I didn't just slam it up there, though. I was careful to work all of the little "feet" that allow it to flex and give the cup the best break I could.

Last edited:
Not sure about the ones you've listed, but I do have these two mounts from Semsons in different cars:

http://www.semsons.com/miwipewiswti3.html
http://www.semsons.com/wipewipanswd3.html

I like the top one much better. It's more versatile, so I take it with me on travel for the rental cars.

The bottom one is more rugged, but has fewer adjustable positions.

Thanks, Ricochet, I pretty much ordered the one you mentioned on top. I believe from looking back/forth and talking to Semson that it's the famous Arkon TT115. What I referred too is simply with a beanbag included.

Whatever flows one's boat I think on this topic... I just assume the ease of use, not having to risk some1 breaking in because they use a suction mark on my windshield...

Since upgrading my TT720 with the 8.3/8.15 combo, I've decided to stick with my TT. Now if Garmin and TT would get merried that we'll have the Garmin goodness with the TT's geekiness :cool:

Thanks, Ricochet, I pretty much ordered the one you mentioned on top. I believe from looking back/forth and talking to Semson that it's the famous Arkon TT115. What I referred too is simply with a beanbag included.
Yes, I believe it is the same Arkon mount. I didn't realize until you mentioned it.

Im using the Proclip mount on my 920

P1100444.jpg

P1100438.jpg

Proclip for me too. Not cheap but great quality and rock-solid. I have the quick coupler so I can use it for my TT720 or BlackBerry. You'll need the device mount and the vehicle-specific adapter too, but very nice. Thumbs up!

Proclip for me too. Not cheap but great quality and rock-solid. I have the quick coupler so I can use it for my TT720 or BlackBerry. You'll need the device mount and the vehicle-specific adapter too, but very nice. Thumbs up!

Cool, do you mind sharing a picture of it?

I'm a year into the use of my original mount here where we get daily 40 degree temperature swings on a fairly regular basis. The suction cup (NO adhesive disk being used) has stuck to the nasty compound curve (concave horizontally and convex vertically) of my well polished wood dash trim for that year. It's mounted more or less vertically. It's come off twice when someone dinged it with a 3 ring binder. I didn't just slam it up there, though. I was careful to work all of the little "feet" that allow it to flex and give the cup the best break I could.

My experience exactly stuck to the windshield and it has worked for months except temp here is -20 to +30

Ask a Question