720 Go mounted to my vulcan 1600 classic

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Picked up a 12volt power socket from pep boysand wired it to the accessory connectors in the headlight bucket. Double side taped it to the side of my bike. Works like a freakin charm too. I love the Ram mount. Well worth the 40 bucks i spent on both parts.

Headlight bucket:
wired1.jpg

GPS mounted on cradle:

gps.jpg

Side view:

gps1.jpg

12 volt socket mounted upside down with charger plugged in

lighter.jpg

Thanks. and trust me im totally challenged when it comes to electrical stuff too. :eek:

Very neat install, you should also consider putting tape over the small blade fuse in the side of the TomTom charger plug, you can see the fuse in the last of your pictures, if water (rain) gets into the charger it could send the electronics haywire and overvolt device (produces a small amount of rather costly smoke and is best avoided) - Mike

Very neat install, you should also consider putting tape over the small blade fuse in the side of the TomTom charger plug, you can see the fuse in the last of your pictures, if water (rain) gets into the charger it could send the electronics haywire and overvolt device (produces a small amount of rather costly smoke and is best avoided) - Mike

I pretty much never ride in the rain but thats a good idea and will have to stick a small piece of tape over it, good looking out thanks. ;)

Ended up ebaying a shorter coily wire which doesnt have a fuse built into it so need need to tape it up plus its easier to remove then the long car charging cable that comes with the tom tom. :D

Ask a Question