Go 720 flashing cross and not recognised by pc

Hello,

I've had a recent problem with my 720, out of the blue.
Having turned it on to expect working normally, I had an image of a flashing cross and hard drive symbol on the screen.
Following the TOMTOM help on website, I have tried a soft pin reset many times with no luck.
Next attempt ws a hard reboot via TOMTOM Home, but when I plug into the PC or Mac, the screen lights up to show it has been docked for a recharge, but the computer doesn not recognise it has the device connected.
I have tried all USB ports and going to my computer it shows 2 new 'removable disks' but neither lead anywhere and when clicked just ask for a disk to be inserted. There is no SD card needed for this unit and with the computer not recognising the device I'm at a bit of a loss.

Can anyone help!? Please??

Mark

Do you have a backup (hopefully with Explorer) for the unit?

If so, format the unit. don't use quickformat. Then restore the backup.

If no backup (why not?), try this:
Get yourself a sdhc card (2 or 4 gig) and insert in the unit. Then connect to Home. If it asks you to select internal or the card, choose the card. Then it should offer an application. Accept and install on the card.

See if you can boot up now.

Last edited:

Ask a Question