GLaDOS voice (she lies to you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TomTom Model(s)
ONE 125
I downloaded a fun voice using TomTom HOME -- a GLaDOS voice, from the video game Portal. In the spirit of the game, GLaDOS lies to you -- all the "turn rights" become "turn lefts", etc.

It has some problems, though. The sound level is too low, and the "You have arrived" sound is too long -- the unit has to pause noticeably while processing it, and it prevents you from being able to set the volume from the main screen.

The biggest problem, though, is that TomTom HOME notes that the file is "reported -- a moderator will see if it should be removed". I wouldn't be surprised if they remove it, since it tells you lies. Especially about the cake.

I've saved the files in case they go away, and I'll send a note to the creator listed on the listing in case they have a web page. I'll update here if I find anything interesting (unless, of course, I've made any n00b mistakes and this post goes the way of the Companion Cube).

Brilliant. Arrived at work this morning and am still waiting for my cake as promised!! Sure it'll be here soon. decided against the version that lies as at 6.30 am I don't think I could cope with it. Loony's version is great. Some extended dialogue at rare points brightens the journey!

Good post :D

Cheers
Ollie

The thread you are replying to is over two years old. Not sure you'll get a response. Who knows? :)

cant hurt to try lol XD

im looking for the one that lies to you. can anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator:
GlaDOS

i have the fake glados voice. copy and paste the 4 files into your tomtom voices folder. Then select the voice from the menu. If you watch the arrows and "ignore" the voice you will get where you are going.

dont think the attachment attached so having another go.

Attachments

• GlaDOS.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 958
If that is the "lying" version, report back...:)
I've got a version on my PC which may or may not be the "good" one. I don't have it installed on a TomTom currently, but I can try it if you need it.

If that is the "lying" version, report back...:)
I've got a version on my PC which may or may not be the "good" one. I don't have it installed on a TomTom currently, but I can try it if you need it.

I'll say again for the hard of hearing......

I have the fake one......

It wasn't clear (to me at any rate) if "fake" meant "lying".
Have a nice day.

It wasn't clear (to me at any rate) if "fake" meant "lying".
Have a nice day.

Which part of "If you follow the arrows and "ignore" the voice you will get to where you are going" did you struggle with? Was it the "follow the arrows" or "ignore the voice"?

:-D
Hehehe

I'm not going to waste any more time on this with you.
I was simply telling "tri-edge999" that I have a version he might want to try if the one you offered was not what he wanted.
OK?

I'm not going to waste any more time on this with you.
I was simply telling "tri-edge999" that I have a version he might want to try if the one you offered was not what he wanted.
OK?

"Waste your time"???? I take time out MY day to find and then post something that SOMEONE ELSE wants and then YOU poke your beak in and obviously dont understand plain english and then you say that YOU are wasting YOUR time?

How on earth did you become a super mod????

By not flying off the handle when replying to posts.

I never flew off the handle. I mearly stated facts about your fellow moderator. If he was only trying to be helpful then why not answer the guys original post of 6 months ago? [deleted because of inappropriate language--moderator]

End of thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question