Getting Go/720 to allow voice dialing

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
When I try to use my Go/720 to voice dial, I hear nothing from the unit when I press the voice-command key on my phone. Is there something in preferences I'm missing?

Using 8.3 nav, 8.15 NA_2GB maps, VerizonWireless LG "Dare" (I think that's a VX9700?) and it works with any other bluetooth device I've had. :(

I can answer calls, make calls using the number typing method, etc. I am a nube, have only had the unit a couple of days now, figure I'm missing something slightly hidden away in the preferences...

Any ideas, folks? ;)

As far as I know TomTom does not support voice dialing. It would be a very nice feature if they did. I would not think it would be that hard, my $35 bluetooth earpiece can do it.

As far as I know TomTom does not support voice dialing. It would be a very nice feature if they did. I would not think it would be that hard, my $35 bluetooth earpiece can do it.
Yep, as far as I can find so far, you're (we're?) right - it won't do it. Agreed, both my ear-piece and visor adapter work correctly when you press the "Voice Command" key on the cell-phone. :(

I'll hook the visor adapter up again until somebody figures it out or they fix it - sure seems like it would be an easy thing for them to get working! All it has to do is pass the "Please say a command" out the speaker and accept spoken input and pass that back to the cell-phone. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ask a Question