Gasoline Prices

Anyone subscribe to the gasoline prices? Is it worth it and how much is it. When I look at it on TT Home, it only shows to be in euro prices instead of american dollars which I have my options set at. Just wondering how well are the updates and accuracy and if all or most stations in subscription. With prices changing more than once a day at lots of places, just wondering how good it really is. Originally thought it was included in the TT 920T but apparently not.

This isn't really a direct answer to your question, but...

If you map a location or trip using http://maps.google.com, you can overlay gas prices from Gasbuddy.com.

When you have the Google Maps page open, it's under the "My Maps" tab in the upper left.

Last edited:
Went direct to gasbuddy to see how many stations in area are in their site. None in any city in my area. Looked at a few just outside of Houston even and only one or two in a fairly large suborb of Houston. Only one station listed. Most likely, the Gasoline price subscription is about the same. Thanks,

Today at CES TomTom said this about TomTom Fuel Prices...

TomTom is proud to unveil TomTom Fuel Prices, a new service that finds the lowest gas prices so travelers can make the best choices for fueling up. TomTom Fuel Prices will be available for TomTom 920 and 920T users in the US starting in Q1 2008.

TomTom Fuel Prices sends real-time pricing updates for US service and gas stations directly to your TomTom 920 or 920T over-the-air*. Subscribers can also receive real-time prices through TomTom HOME.

?TomTom Fuel Prices is yet another example of our commitment to innovation, personalization and ease of use,? said Jocelyn Vigreux, President of TomTom Inc. ?We are proud to introduce this valuable service for our 920 and 920T users, as gas prices continue to be top of mind for consumers this year.?

From their device, users can select whether to list gas stations by location or price, and can request the lowest gas prices on their route, nearby or within a user selected mile radius. Travelers can also choose which type of gas they would like tracked, Regular, Midgrade, Premium, or Diesel. Updated gas prices for that specific type of fuel will be downloaded automatically over-the-air through a Bluetooth phone or when connected to TomTom HOME. TomTom?s Fuel Prices service will be available in Q1 2008 through TomTom HOME for $14.95 per year for TomTom GO 920 and GO 920T users.

* Over-the-air updates are accessible via a compatible Bluetooth phone and a wireless data plan.

My question is....why is TomTom Fuel Prices option displayed on the GO 720? Perhaps they forgot to add the 720 to their list or perhaps it will be a press release later this week.

Anyone subscribe to the gasoline prices? Is it worth it and how much is it. When I look at it on TT Home, it only shows to be in euro prices instead of american dollars which I have my options set at. Just wondering how well are the updates and accuracy and if all or most stations in subscription. With prices changing more than once a day at lots of places, just wondering how good it really is. Originally thought it was included in the TT 920T but apparently not.

I subscribed to the fuel prices. So far It hasn't been accurate but not terrible off either. I'm talking between 1-4 cents off. Not every gas station is listed as well. I read on the TT website that the tanker drivers report the prices, not the stores. For example here are some gas stations in town (Pensacola, FL) all regular:

Sam's Club Actual: $3.02 TT: Not Listed
Murphy's (Wal-Mart) $3.02 TT: $3.03
RaceWay $3.02 TT: Not listed
Citgo $3.04 TT: $3.06

I would not recommend purchasing fuel prices for the sole purpose of your local driving area, because guess what, you already know where the cheap gas is. But if you travel to unfamiliar area's the service is great. For example I was down by the beach, where gas is easily a dime more, just because it's a tourist area...even in winter. Anyway I needed gas and looked it up in the TT. All the stations I was passing were at $3.11. The TT pinpointed a Murphy's about a mile away and was reportedly selling gas for $3.03. The actual price was $3.04 or maybe it was 3.05, any rate better than what I was seeing along the main strip and saved me a couple dollars.

I subscribed to the fuel prices. So far It hasn't been accurate but not terrible off either. I'm talking between 1-4 cents off. Not every gas station is listed as well. I read on the TT website that the tanker drivers report the prices, not the stores. For example here are some gas stations in town (Pensacola, FL) all regular:

Sam's Club Actual: $3.02 TT: Not Listed
Murphy's (Wal-Mart) $3.02 TT: $3.03
RaceWay $3.02 TT: Not listed
Citgo $3.04 TT: $3.06

I would not recommend purchasing fuel prices for the sole purpose of your local driving area, because guess what, you already know where the cheap gas is. But if you travel to unfamiliar area's the service is great. For example I was down by the beach, where gas is easily a dime more, just because it's a tourist area...even in winter. Anyway I needed gas and looked it up in the TT. All the stations I was passing were at $3.11. The TT pinpointed a Murphy's about a mile away and was reportedly selling gas for $3.03. The actual price was $3.04 or maybe it was 3.05, any rate better than what I was seeing along the main strip and saved me a couple dollars.

Agree, I already know the cheaper place in my area, but if none are listed, then it is more than likely about the same in lost of other places so that would make it not very accurate and just lookin down the freeways can do just as good or better as most areas are pretty close to each other anyway. Think I will pass.

Ask a Question