Further Issues with Map Downloads on TT1 LE

So I was finally able to connect to the TT servers to try to download my updated maps. After having a few errors with the connection process (something about missing parameters), the install continued. Almost all the way through the copying process, I received the following error:

Component returned failure code: 0x8004011 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsiHttpChannel.responseStatus]

I tired two other times, with the same result. Please tell me someone has an idea of what is going on. I even tried deleting my old maps and re-installing the new package by hand...I still get an error, but this time is says that the file is invalid. I was going to call TT customer service, but it appears that the don't have a local US number...is that right or was I just not finding it? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Patrick

Tom Tom Servers

I have been reading in some other posts that people have been experiencing the same problem. The speculation is that Tom Tom's servers have been slammed by the black Friday influx of new owners, and simply could not handle the sudden and immense increase in traffic over the weekend. I would think that they would have the problem fixed later this week. You could try calling support, and they do have a 1-800 number.
Phone: 866.4.TomTom (866.486.6866)
Fax: 978.287.9522
Good luck!

lateknightucd,

I purchased a TT One LE as well, I downloaded the map update last night, which is V.710 and it downloaded and installed fine. TT1LE is working fine with the new map update.

Gus

Ask a Question