free uk and ireland maps

hi as anyone got the updated and latest uk maps for my tomtom one v1 my maps out of date and need a new map is there any free maps anywhere or could some one send me the file cheers leigh

hi as anyone got the updated and latest uk maps for my tomtom one v1 my maps out of date and need a new map is there any free maps anywhere or could some one send me the file cheers leigh

Just curious why yo would expect to get for free that which others pay for? Mike's link is the proper location and the ONLY legitimate way to get updated maps for your unit.

As a new member here, may I point you to the announcement on every forum about illegal file sharing. The link is here.

If you are nott prepared to be guided by what the announcement says, then this site is not for you.

Maps are locked to devices making it impossible (difficult I guess to someone with the computer skills) to share maps between devices.

And like mentioned finding someone that will do something illegally totally for free....yeah, not a common practice this day in age... :)

Depending on how much you use your tomtom they have a subscription program for map updates. If you rarely use your Tomtom I would just use googlemaps.com (teleatlas) to see if there are any worthwhile updates in your area. If not just keep the slightly out of date maps...

The last update I did was from 725 to 825 (a year difference) and there was no significant changes that I noticed. Same errors I've always been dealing with. However I use my GPS constantly so I like to stay up to date...

Tom Tom not for Ireland

No point in trying to get Tom Tom maps for Ireland. They are next to useless and do not even work for a motorway such as the M80.
Try getting to Tragunma beach in West Cork or travel from Cork city to Skibbereen without the unecessary visit to the tight streets of Clonakilty and you will fail. All excuses about new roads etc are just that - excuses. Tom Tom have never done a proper survey of Irish roads. Avoid

M80 in Ireland??? Did I miss something?

Cork to Skibbereen through Clonakilty on the N71, or around Clonakilty using ???

Have there been some massive changes since I was last there? Changes that don't show up on anyone else's maps, either?

I'm confused too... Google maps agrees with my TomTom, the only sensible route seems to be the N71

Cork to Skibbereen_Google_maps.jpg

Wikipaedia has an M80 in Scotland....:confused:

The route through Clonakilty on the N71 looks a reasonable main road. Only one lane each way, but pretty straight (and empty!)

Cork town centre to "Tragunma (County Cork)" gives a route on my TomTom too. (which is more than Google maps can manage - it doesn't know "Tragunma beach" or even "Tragunma" at all!)
But when you select Tragunma (County Cork) it then only offers a place called Bawnlahan. Is that not right?

Ask a Question